Time crystals are quantum systems which are able to reveal condensed matter behavior but in the time domain. Research on time crystals, initiated by Frank Wilczek in 2012, is developing rapidly. There are different concepts of time crystals and there are many interesting open problems related to time crystals and to periodically driven systems in general. The aim of the workshop on Time Crystals and Related Phenomena is to bring together experts and young researchers working on time crystals and periodically driven systems and to exchange knowledge and experience.
The workshop will be held at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków, 4-6 September 2019 in the XVII century historical Collegium Medicum building located in the city center of Kraków. It will also be a satellite meeting of the BEC 2019 conference that will take place in Sant Feliu, Spain, 8-12 September 2019.
The registration deadline is March 3rd, 2019. The number of participants is limited to 60.
Monika Aidelsburger (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich)
- Sean Barrett (Yale University)
- Rainer Blatt (Universität Innsbruck)
- Nathan Goldman (Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Lingzhen Guo (Max Planck Institute, Erlangen)
- Peter Hannaford (Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne)
- Dieter Jaksch (University of Oxford)
- Wolfgang Ketterle* (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Vedika Khemani* (Harvard University)
- Maciej Lewenstein (ICFO, Barcelona)
- Mikhail Lukin* (Harvard University)
- Christopher Monroe (University of Maryland)
- Chetan Nayak (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Mordechai Segev (Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa)
- Klaus Sengstock (Universität Hamburg)
- Georgy Shlyapniokov (Université Paris Sud)
- Peter van der Straten (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Masahito Ueda (The University of Tokyo)
- Frank Wilczek (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
* to be confirmed